History

Thomson Construction Supply Co., Inc. in Thomson, GA, was incorporated in May 1949 by owners Mr. Bennie Langham and Mr. George Poss.  Later, David C. “DC” Hughes, Jr. was employed.  Mr. Hughes began buying stock in 1956, and by 1959, had bought 100% of the shares.  The company not only produced concrete and concrete products but also performed concrete construction until 2005.  In 1978 Mr. Hughes employed his son-in-law, Kenneth A. (Ken) Williams, to manage the company during his retirement.  In 1989 the company acquired Thomson Concrete Ready-Mixed, Inc. also in Thomson from Mr. Henry Montgomery.  In May of 1994 the company acquired Baston Concrete from Mr. James A. Baston, Jr. with plants in Washington and Lincolnton, Georgia.  In 2002 land was purchased in Camak, and a new plant was constructed on that site.  These expansions brought the total number of Georgia DOT Approved plants to four, which enables concrete service to eight counties in Georgia and McCormick, SC.

After the death of Mr. Hughes in 2012, Kenneth A. (Ken) Williams became President/CEO, his son David Williams, Vice-President.  Employees of Thomson Construction Supply Co., Inc. are experienced, knowledgeable, and highly trained.  This was especially noted by the Georgia DOT by awarding Thomson Construction Supply Co., Inc. the “Quality Control Award for Ready-Mix Concrete Production” for its outstanding work in 2009.              

In 2017, the name was changed to Thomson Concrete Materials, Inc.